Sunday, October 01, 2006

Knowing one's self is befriending one's self deception

Feeling is suffering
I know the roads that i have traveled to be here, i have etched them out with my fingers and tears
The place of living, where our lifecycle sheds like the lining of a swollen vulva, infused with blood.

The moon waxes and wanes as it narrates my story
Reminding me of who i am in times of doubt, places where i have lost parts of self.....
and gained courage

I am fierce, can you handle the emotions that tear at you
questioning your worth
rearranging the ideas and beliefs of who you think you are

Our symbolic interactions had soulful meaning.
But, where we find ourselves now is a dialectic crux
Maddening as i find myself in this vulnerable and weary place.....
terrified, as i know i have to go through the pain
For it is always so much more work as i extend my hand to invite the uninvited, embracing this place where i have convinced myself to avoid, to walk around the wreckage

Pulling off the scab to expose what was
The rawness, pink tender flesh
Scar tissue built upon your words so carelessly spoken
Flowing from a place of defense
You can't take back what you don't give

Words are empty unless they are given meaning

It is inevitable.....
Feeling, loving is suffering in finding truth
I must let parts of myself die in order for new parts to unfold and reveal inner wisdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home